Happy International Women’s Day!
We love all things women! Our collective strength, spirit, creativity, laughter, joy and healing inspire us everyday to breathe deep, take action and rely on each other to reach new heights. To uplift women this year, we highlight a few ways to amplify their voices. Support local businesses, musical collaborations and discussions that center women and all our excellence. This is also the last opportunity to nominate your favorite boss babe for the Woman’s Way Business Awards.
To get things started, here’s a Spotify playlist for you to shuffle through. It’s filled with amazing women from around the world.
Support Austin women today and everyday using our women-owned business lists:
Save the Date for The Woman’s Way Business Awards
The Woman’s Way Business Awards started in 2016 to ensure that all women in Austin are recognized for our hustle, creativity and leadership.
As the only awards exclusively for women, Woman’s Way is a gathering of Austin’s community leaders, movers and shakers, creatives and innovators celebrating our individual and collective excellence!
Finalists are announced in April and winners receive their awards at the event on May 19 at the Long Center.
Tickets go on sale April 1 for tables of 2, 4, 6 and 10. The event will be held outside and is designed to be physically distanced and safe for all.
Attend an Event
Each year, the International Women’s Day organization publishes events from around the world. Add your event or see what is happening globally here.
- Texas Farmers Market: Join us for a free virtual panel discussion on March 8 showcasing beloved female farmers’ market vendors who hail from around the world! Find more information and register here.
- Kendra Scott WEL Institute: This year for International Women’s Day we #ChooseToChallenge our own self-limiting thoughts and actions. All day, every day. On March 8, join us and tune in to content that inspires, empowers and equips the next generation of courageous and creative female leaders to create an inclusive and more gender-equal world. Find more information and register here.
- Double A Labs and Fyli: Together we have created unique ways to interact and build community with impactful men and women around the world. You are about to experience live art, empowered conversations and a truly immersive experience in the Double A Labs Phygital World, with engaging content powered by Fyli, Collabarét, HOPE Outdoor Gallery and Visual Conductor. Find more information and register here.
- ConnectHER: Join us March 8 as people from around the world come together to learn about critical issues affecting women and girls. Our event will showcase guest speakers as well as content created by young filmmakers from our ConnectHER Film Festival. You will also be able to view our first ever PitchFest. Participants between 13 and 30 years old compete for a chance to make a ConnectHER-commissioned film. Find more information and register here.
- Whole Planet Foundation: Our March 7-8 virtual event honors women entrepreneurs and aims to raise funds to support 2,500 people. Registration includes panel talks and a GRAMMY-nominee performance from Costa Rica! Find more information and purchase tickets here.