Let’s get connected! We’re always looking for great people to join our team as employees, interns, freelance writers and photographers.
Summer 2020 internship applications will open in mid-spring. All internships are unpaid.
Description: We rely on our editorial interns to help us find and tell the stories of all the incredible women in Austin. While our internship is unpaid, interns have the opportunity to write several stories per month for web and print. We also require our interns to work from our office to experience the process of creating a magazine and provide mentorship through our weekly intern meetings with the editorial team. This is a learning environment so our goal is to help our interns identify their writing strengths, overcome their weaknesses and gain experience with magazine reporting and writing. We’re happy to work with schools to provide class credit.
- Pitch monthly story ideas for web and print
- Come to weekly intern meetings
- Choose one day a week to work in the office for two hours
- Write at least one article for print every month and at least two web articles per month
- Meet deadlines
Requirements: Writing experience, located in Austin, availability for weekly meetings and time in the office, ability to meet deadlines, passion for Austin and journalism, knowledge of Austin a plus
MARKETING AND EVENTS INTERNSHIP
Description: The Marketing & Events Intern will assist in creation, coordination and execution of Austin Woman marketing campaigns and events while always looking for other ways to promote brand awareness and growth. They will report directly to the Marketing & Events Manager.
- Writing and sending event communications including press releases, inquiries and vendor outreach
- Researching local organizations and events in Austin that Austin Woman can sponsor
- Assist with event prep
- Researching other brand marketing materials
- Researching other events to bring fresh ideas to AW events
- Attend AW events and assist in set up, management and break down
The marketing and events internship application for Austin Woman is open. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNSHIP
Description: The Social Media Intern will assist in maintaining the Austin Woman brand while always looking for other ways to promote brand awareness and growth. They will also help build the ATX Doctors and ATX Man brands. They will report to the Marketing & Events Manager and will assist with all things social media.
- Maintain Austin Woman presence on social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, by interacting with other users, responding to comments, tags, and likes, and re-tweeting/sharing content in line with our brand.
- Schedule content for all platforms
- Create captions for posts scheduled
- Researching past AW cover women to share updates/achievements/etc. on our social media platforms.
- Build up the collection of “stock images” or “buffer posts” to re-gram. Images are used to maintain our brand on Instagram in-between content posts. This can include creating posts on your own. Tone for posts can include girl power and women’s empowerment posts and vulnerable and relatable posts.
Requirements: Knowledge of and experience with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter & YouTube, knowledge of and experience with Planoly, Google Analytics & WordPress a plus, experience running social media for a business a plus, graphic design skills a huge plus, ability to come into the office a minimum of 3 days a week
The spring social-media internship application for Austin Woman is open. Please send your resume plus three social samples to email@example.com
GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERNSHIP
Description: Work directly with the creative director and editorial team to design graphics for web and print.
- Stay in communication with AW team about assignments
- Design graphics for the print magazine and for the website
Requirements: Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, take direction well, comfortable working independently, passion for storytelling through graphic design
The spring graphic design internship application for Austin Woman is open. Please send your resume plus your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Description: Work directly with the creative director and editorial team to take pictures for web and print.
- Stay in communication with AW team about assignments
- Take pictures for the print magazine and for the website
- Attend cover photoshoots
Requirements: Experience with photography, video skills a plus, editing experience, comfortable directing a photoshoot, familiar with Adobe software, self-starter, passion for storytelling through photography
The spring photography internship application for Austin Woman is open. Please send your resume plus your portfolio to email@example.com
OFFICE ADMINISTRATION INTERNSHIP
Description: The Office Admin will assist in the daily tasks for office administration and
- Assisting with the digital issue upload every month via WordPress
- Organization around the office
- Maintaining the Dropbox and Google Drive folders
- Standardizing office processes and protocols
- Answering the phone and interacting with clients
- Running office errands and distributing magazines to new locations
Requirements: Impressive organizational skills, ability to come into the office a minimum of twice a week, ability to multitask, great written and verbal communication skills
The office administration internship application for Austin Woman is closed.
INTERESTED IN WORKING WITH US BUT DON’T SEE THE RIGHT POSITION FOR YOU?
Please submit your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org