Let’s get connected! We’re always looking for great people to join our team as employees, interns, freelance writers and photographers.
Are you someone with an excellent eye for design and layout who is a confident, forward-thinking and creative problem-solver and loves to dream about innovation and growth? If multitasking and doing your best work under pressure is your superpower, you will fit right in at Austin Woman.
We are looking for an Art Director with a minimum five (5) years of experience, preferably in print design, to work with a close-knit team. We are seeking someone who thrives on deadlines and is detailed and organized, easily juggling the many photos, stories and ads that come in each month.
Apply today by emailing a resume and cover letter telling us why you are the perfect fit for the Austin Woman team.
Sales Account Executive
Are you ready to have a role where you can be passionate about what you do and make a difference in the community?
We are seeking a person who is enthusiastic, passionate, goal driven and hardworking, who is living in this vibrant marketplace and knows Austin’s culture. Must be able to work on a variety of projects simultaneously, adhere to multiple deadlines and develop client/team relationships. This sales executive will be a hybrid role and responsible for selling across all platforms—digital, print and events. The ideal candidate must be innovative and creative in their approach and thrive in a fast-paced environment that is constantly evolving to fit the changing media landscape.
Account Executive Responsibilities:
- Be enthusiastic, outgoing and have the desire to be an exceptional sales person;
- Be a real “Hunter” and LOVE sales;
- Successfully establish, develop and maintain positive client relationships;
- Enjoy cold-calling and have the ability to close quickly, both in person and by phone;
- Demonstrate the ability to present to agency media directors as well as business owners;
- Present cost-benefit and needs analysis to existing and potential clients to meet their marketing efforts;
- Develop and execute sales strategies with ability to exceed sales goals;
- Work successfully across all functions to drive overall business strategies (editorial and creative);
- Keep a positive, “can-do” attitude and be a team player;
- Create great visibility and exposure throughout the marketing community;
- Be a confident networker who showcases their passion and enthusiasm for the AW Media brand;
- Proven sales experience as a top sales representative,
- Organized multi-tasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment,
- Highly motivated and goal driven with a proven track record,
- Ability to create and deliver sales presentations tailored to the client’s needs,
- Excellent relationship management skills and open to feedback.
Candidates with a good history of successful sales will be considered.
Please send a resume and cover letter “selling” us on your expertise and passion to email@example.com.
Events & Partnerships: firstname.lastname@example.org
Article submissions: email@example.com
Calendar entries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Now accepting applications for Spring 2021 internships.
All internships are unpaid.
We rely on our editorial interns to help us find and tell the stories of all the incredible women in Austin. While our internship is unpaid, interns have the opportunity to write several stories per month for web and print. We also require our interns to work from our office to experience the process of creating a magazine and provide mentorship through our weekly intern meetings with the editorial team. This is a learning environment so our goal is to help our interns identify their writing strengths, overcome their weaknesses and gain experience with magazine reporting and writing. We’re happy to work with schools to provide class credit.
- Pitch monthly story ideas for web and print
- Attend weekly intern meetings
- Choose one day a week to work one-on-one for two hours
- Write at least one article for print every month and at least two web articles per month
- Meet deadlines
- Writing experience,
- Availability for weekly meetings and time in the office,
- Ability to meet deadlines,
- Passion for Austin and journalism,
- Knowledge of Austin a plus
The editorial internship application is OPEN. Please send your resume to email@example.com for future opportunities.
Marketing and Events Internship
The marketing and events intern will assist in creation, coordination and execution of Austin Woman marketing campaigns and events while always looking for other ways to promote brand awareness and growth. They will report directly to the marketing and events manager.
- Writing and sending event communications including press releases, inquiries and vendor outreach
- Researching local organizations and events in Austin that Austin Woman can sponsor
- Assist with event prep
- Researching other brand marketing materials
- Researching other events to bring fresh ideas to AW events
- Attend AW events and assist in set up, management and break down
- Experience in the marketing and/or events fields,
- Experience in event logistics a plus,
- Knowledge of the Austin food/beverage scene a plus,
- impressive written and verbal communication skills
The marketing and events internship application for Austin Woman is closed. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for future opportunities.
Social Media Internship
The social-media intern will assist in maintaining the Austin Woman brand while always looking for other ways to promote brand awareness and growth.
- Maintain Austin Woman presence on social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook and Twitter by interacting with other users, responding to comments, tags, and likes, and re-tweeting/sharing content in line with our brand.
- Schedule content for all platforms
- Create captions for posts scheduled
- Researching past AW cover women to share updates/achievements/etc. on our social media platforms.
- Build up the collection of “stock images” or “buffer posts” to re-gram. Images are used to maintain our brand on Instagram in-between content posts. This can include creating posts on your own. Tone for posts can include girl power and women’s empowerment posts and vulnerable and relatable posts.
- Knowledge of and experience with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube,
- Knowledge of and experience with Planoly, Google Analytics and WordPress a plus,
- Experience running social media for a business a plus,
- Graphic design skills a huge plus
The social-media internship application for Austin Woman is is closed. Please send your resume to email@example.com for future opportunities.
Graphic Design Internship
Work directly with the creative director and editorial team to design graphics for web and print.
- Stay in communication with AW team about assignments
- Design graphics for the print magazine and for the website
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite,
- Take direction well,
- Comfortable working independently,
- Passion for storytelling through graphic design
The graphic design internship application for Austin Woman is OPEN. Please send your resume plus your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Work directly with the creative director and editorial team to take pictures for web and print.
- Stay in communication with AW team about assignments
- Take pictures for the print magazine and for the website
- Attend cover photoshoots
- Experience with photography,
- Video skills a plus,
- Editing experience,
- Comfortable directing a photoshoot,
- Familiar with Adobe software,
- Passion for storytelling through photography
The photography internship application for Austin Woman is OPEN. Please send your resume plus your portfolio to email@example.com
Office Administration Internship
The Office Admin will assist in the daily tasks for office administration and
- Assisting with the digital issue upload every month via WordPress
- Organization around the office
- Maintaining the Dropbox and Google Drive folders
- Standardizing office processes and protocols
- Answering the phone and interacting with clients
- Running office errands and distributing magazines to new locations
- Impressive organizational skills,
- Ability to multitask,
- Great written and verbal communication skills
The office administration internship application for Austin Woman is closed.