Recreate Chef Jo Chan’s signature lemon ricotta pancakes at home.
Photos courtesy of Eberly
Eberly Executive Chef Jo Chan shares her restaurant’s “signature brunch dish” recipe for lemon ricotta pancakes. This recipe is also a Mealshare item on Eberly’s menu, meaning for every pancake ordered, one dollar is donated to the Central Texas Food Bank, providing an underserved child with a meal.
Ingredients for the Batter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup ricotta
- 2 lemons, zested
Ingredients for the Topping
- 2 tablespoons wildflower honey
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup mascarpone
Directions for Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
1. Heat your griddle to medium-low heat.
2. Combine all dry ingredients for the batter in a large mixing bowl. Add remaining batter ingredients into the dry mixture and slowly stir with a whisk until incorporated. Leave the batter slightly lumpy to create fluffy pancakes.
3. Spray the griddle with nonstick cooking spray and pour batter to the desired size. Chan recommends using a large ice-cream scoop to keep everything cleaner and create more uniformly sized pancakes.
4. Allow your pancakes to cook until bubbles come to the surface. Flip them over and allow them to finish cooking. You can always tell that they’re done by lightly touching them in the center to see if the batter has set. For fluffy pancakes, try not to move them around during cooking.
5. Once your pancakes are done cooking, drizzle the honey over them while they’re still hot. Chan suggests topping the pancakes the Eberly way, with toasted almonds, a sprinkle of powdered sugar and mascarpone cheese instead of butter.