Recreate Chef Sonya Coté’s signature Farm BQ at home.
Sonya Coté, chef and owner of Eden East, shares one of her favorite farm-to-table dishes: Farm BQ. She recommends substituting any ingredients with in-season vegetables to keep this recipe versatile and fresh.
Ingredients for the Vegetables
- 3 beets, cut in wedges
- 3 large carrots
- 1 sweet potato
- 1/2 head Romanesco cauliflower
- 1 fennel bulb
- 3 large turnips
- Grapeseed oil to coat
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Ingredients for the Dressing
- 2 tablespoons romesco sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses gastrique
- 1 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning
- A handful of seasonal greens or edible flowers for garnish
Directions for Farm BQ
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees, or start a fire in your smoker.
2. Toss raw vegetables in grapeseed oil, salt and pepper and place on a baking sheet.
3. Roast vegetables for about 25 minutes, until tender and lightly smoked (not brown).
4. Slice vegetables like you would a brisket.
5. Dress with romesco sauce, molasses and seasoning. Garnish with fresh arugula, fennel frond, shaved radish, sorrel, edible flowers or any seasonal sprouts.