Check out these tips for throwing a no-stress New Year’s Eve party.
By Sara Malek Barney, owner and principal designer at Bandd Design, Photos by The Michaux Collective
We’ve all been there: dealing with holiday-party fatigue. After a hangover or two and many nights in high heels, it’s time to give your tired body a break. The holiday season is a time for family and celebration, but for most of us, it is also a time when we tend to overindulge.
This year, instead of spending another night out, practice a bit of self-care by hosting a New Year’s Eve party at home. Slip on your coziest pajamas and invite your girlfriends over to ring in the new year. Follow these simple tips for creating the perfect at-home celebration that is sure to become an annual tradition.
- Have plenty of snacks. Plan ahead and offer plenty of food and drinks for guests to enjoy throughout the evening. Have some fun by creating a make-your-own-pizza station or keep it simple by curating a cheeseboard. For drinks, decide on a signature cocktail and offer Champagne and wine as well.
- Set up a spa station. Create a relaxing spot for guests to unwind from the holiday madness. Include areas for facials, manicures and more so ladies can treat themselves all night long.
- Create a relaxing environment. When guests aren’t enjoying the spa station and the snacks, make sure they have a comfortable place to sit and converse. Light a fire, turn on a classic chick flick like Clueless or Can’t Buy My Love, and place throw pillows and blankets within arm’s reach.
- Don’t forget to count down to midnight! Pop some fresh Champagne and get the countdown clock ready. During this time, discuss plans for the new year, resolutions and more. After the clock has struck midnight, prepare places for guests to stay the night if needed.
- Send guests home with a gift. Not only are goodie bags festive, but they are also a great way to share the love this holiday season.