Sponsored Content, Photos compliments of Fairmont Austin
It’s no surprise that the meetings and events industry has been hit hard by the global pandemic. Managing the “new normal” is in fact the new normal. As 2021 approaches, many are seeking in-person interaction while considering new, safe alternatives to virtual-only meetings. In response to this challenge, Fairmont Austin has launched several initiatives to ensure guests and attendees alike can meet safely and socially.
All Meet Well
Fairmont Austin is ALLSAFE certified. This means it has implemented Accor’s global cleanliness and prevention standards. These are some of the most stringent cleaning standards and operational procedures in the hospitality industry. At each touchpoint along the stay or meeting experience, Fairmont Austin takes extensive measures to protect guests and employees and aid in preventing the spread of COVID-19. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Temperature checks and health assessments for all attendees
- Contactless check-in using QR codes
- Gathering spaces rearranged for physical distancing
- Rigorous hand hygiene, including proper handwashing and hand sanitizer stations
- Masks for all attendees and staff and more.
Together, but Distanced
Socially distanced meetings will continue to be a priority through 2021, and
Fairmont Austin’s Events Team has gotten creative with managing “pods” of
attendees who travel together and remain in groupings throughout their program to maximize capacities without compromising safety. Fairmont Austin recently hosted a successful conference of 170 attendees in the biotech industry. It is leading the charge by using assigned seating to group people based on common interests for improved socially distanced networking. With safe and thoughtful seat assignments, attendees of the hotel’s August 2020 event felt secure throughout the duration of the visit.
Other Unique Initiatives
Additional measures implemented by Fairmont Austin include:
- Red, Yellow, Green bracelet classification to convey comfort level to other attendees
- Imposing a nightly curfew to discourage post-dinner gatherings that could take place outside of the event’s safety procedures
- Hybrid meeting options (in-person and virtual), supported by PSAV, the in-house audio visual provider for the hotel, as well as use of “Presentation Stage” rooms where one can pre-record or livestream a meeting or event
- Plexiglas barriers with attended buffet-style dining systems
- The use of fixed table lights that illuminate whenever a guest requires assistance from a server to promote safe and seated meals