Let’s get connected! We’re always looking for great people to join our team as employees, interns, freelance writers and photographers.
Description: We rely on our editorial interns to help us find and tell the stories of all the incredible women in Austin. While our internship is unpaid, interns have the opportunity to write several stories per month for web and print. We also encourage our interns to work from our office to experience the process of creating a magazine and provide mentorship through our weekly intern meetings with the editorial team. This is a learning environment so our goal is to help our interns identify their writing strengths, overcome their weaknesses and gain experience with magazine reporting and writing. We’re happy to work with schools to provide class credit.
- Pitch monthly story ideas for web and print
- Come to weekly intern meetings
- Write at least one article for print every month and at least three web articles per month
- Meet deadlines
Requirements: Writing experience, located in Austin, availability for weekly meetings, ability to meet deadlines, passion for Austin and journalism, knowledge of Austin a plus
Apply: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resumé and three writing samples by August 6th.
MARKETING AND EVENTS INTERNSHIP
Description: The Marketing & Events Intern will assist in creation, coordination and execution of Austin Woman marketing campaigns and events while always looking for other ways to promote brand awareness and growth. They will report directly to the Marketing & Events Manager.
- Writing and sending event communications including press releases, inquiries and vendor outreach
- Researching local organizations and events in Austin that Austin Woman can sponsor
- Assist with event prep
- Researching other brand’s marketing materials
- Researching other events to bring fresh ideas to AW events
- Attend AW events and assist in set up, management and break down
Requirements: Experience in the marketing and/or events fields, experience in event logistics a plus, knowledge of the Austin food/beverage scene a plus, ability to come in to the office a minimum of 3 days a week, impressive written and verbal communication skills
Apply: please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNSHIP
Description: The Social Media Intern will assist in maintaining the Austin Woman brand while always looking for other ways to promote brand awareness and growth. They will report to the Marketing & Events Manager and will assist with all things social media.
- Maintain Austin Woman presence on social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, by interacting with other users, responding to comments, tags, and likes, and re-tweeting/sharing content in line with our brand.
- Schedule content for all platforms
- Create captions for posts scheduled
- Researching past AW cover women to share updates/achievements/etc. on our social media platforms.
- Build up the collection of “stock images” or “buffer posts” to re-gram. Images are used to maintain our brand on Instagram in-between content posts. This can include creating posts on your own. Tone for posts can include girl power and women’s empowerment posts and vulnerable and relatable posts.
Requirements: Knowledge of and experience with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter & YouTube, knowledge of and experience with Planoly, Google Analytics & WordPress a plus, experience running social media for a business a plus, graphic design skills a huge plus, ability to come into the office a minimum of 3 days a week
Apply: please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include any links to social accounts you have managed if applicable.
Description: Work directly with the creative director and editorial team to take pictures for web and print.
- Stay in communication with AW team about assignments
- Take pictures for the print magazine and for the website
- Attend cover photoshoots
Requirements: Experience with photography, video skills a plus, editing experience, comfortable directing a photoshoot, familiar with Adobe software, self-starter, passion for storytelling through photography
OFFICE ADMINISTRATION INTERNSHIP
Description: The Office Admin will assist in the daily tasks for office administration and
- Assisting with the digital issue upload every month via WordPress
- Organization around the office
- Maintaining the Dropbox and Google Drive folders
- Standardizing office processes and protocols
- Answering the phone and interacting with clients
- Running office errands and distributing magazines to new locations
Requirements: Impressive organizational skills, ability to come into the office a minimum of twice a week, ability to multitask, great written and verbal communication skills
Apply: please email your resume & cover letter to email@example.com.
INTERESTED IN WORKING WITH US BUT DON’T SEE THE RIGHT POSITION FOR YOU?
Please submit your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org