- This event has passed.
The Junior League of Austin’s A Christmas Affair 2021 Dashing Through the Snow
November 17, 2021 @ 8:00 am - December 21, 2021 @ 5:00 pm
Five-day holiday market is open to the public and includes shopping, parties, and children’s events.The Junior League of Austin (JLA) will host its 46th annual A Christmas Affair (ACA), presented by Nyle Maxwell Family of Dealerships, from November 17-21, 2021. The theme for this year’s event is “Dashing Through The Snow,” which will capture the spirit of enjoying a winter retreat with friends and family while overlooking a snow-capped mountain top.“We are thrilled to return to an in-person event this year and look forward to sharing the magic of the holiday season with the Austin community,” said JLA President Tania Leskovar-Owens. “We can’t thank our supporters enough for their support while we find new and inventive ways to continue supporting our programs and partnerships.”The five-day marketplace will feature more than 200 small and mid-sized businesses from across the country and attract thousands of patrons to the Palmer Events Center. Ticket sales from the market and its accompanying events will benefit the League’s Signature Impact Programs, including KICS – Kids in Cool Shoes, Coats for Kids, ¡Sí! – Spanish Immersion, and FIT – Food In Tummies, in addition to 30 non-profit partners.“This year’s ACA committee has put together an amazing week of holiday cheer, parties, and events,” said A Christmas Affair 2021 Chair Julia Null. “The Junior League of Austin is ready to go dashing through the snow, and we enthusiastically encourage the rest of the Austin community to join us.”In addition to the five-day marketplace, ACA will include themed parties and children’s events:Wednesday, Nov. 17
- Flannel & Frost – Opening Reception at 7 p.m.Thursday, Nov. 18
- Wintergarden – Shopping & Bites at 9 a.m.
- Jingle Bell Bling – Girls Night Out at 7 p.m.
- [Virtual – On Demand] Pajama Dance Party – Children’s EventFriday, Nov. 19
- On The Bunny Slopes of Mt. Bluffstone – Children’s Event at 9:30 a.m.
- [Virtual] Snow’d Inn at 5 p.m.Saturday, Nov. 20
- Chalet Soiree – Sip & Shop at 8 a.m.
- Let It Snow! Let It Snow! – Children’s Event at 9:30 a.m.
- Mt. Bluffstone Reindeer Ranch – Children’s Event at 3 p.m.
- Mountain Masquerade – Closing Celebration at 6 p.m.Sunday, Nov. 21
- Enchanted Forest Party – Children’s Event at 1 p.m.All events are open to the public. Children’s events and holiday portraits will take place at The Junior League of Austin’s Community Impact Center, and parties will take place at Palmer Events Center. All party tickets include private shopping at the marketplace during the event. Face masks will be required at the market and at all ACA events.Marketplace and event tickets are on sale now and can be purchased on the JLA website.To stay up to date about this year’s A Christmas Affair, visit the A Christmas Affair website and follow the League on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.About A Christmas AffairFor 46 years, A Christmas Affair has kicked off the holiday season in Austin. What began as 30 booths in the Driskill Hotel has grown into the largest League event of its kind in the nation. Thanks to a variety of events—from the Opening Night party to breakfast with Santa, and more than 200 merchants from across the country—this five-day holiday gift market allows Austin to support the community by shopping with a purpose. As The Junior League of Austin’s largest fundraiser, A Christmas Affair funds our mission and programs and allows us to continue our work of elevating women and serving our community.About The Junior League of AustinThe Junior League of Austin is an organization of 2,500 women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. On an annual basis, The Junior League of Austin contributes hundreds of thousands of dollars to the Austin community and its members volunteer approximately 160,000 hours with local nonprofits. For more information about The Junior League of Austin, visit www.jlaustin.org.