Check out these Paleo-friendly meals and snacks for busy women on the move.
By Dr. Lauryn Lax
For some, eating healthy can be tough, especially when traveling. On the road, you may feel inclined to indulge at an all-you-can-eat buffet, and in fast-food meals and unhealthy airport snacks.
Healthy eating is a lifestyle, and just as your body and brain are designed and wired to survive and thrive, you are capable of making healthy choices anywhere you go. Whether that means having a few of your favorite snacks always on hand or getting creative with any menu, balance can be achieved.
Because healthy eating is a lifestyle, going on vacation does not mean all willpower is lost. Simply do the best you can, don’t stress or overanalyze and come prepared. Remember that your body can handle some change and wants to work for you and not against you. When you live a lifestyle aimed at optimal eating choices, you won’t throw your system out of whack by going on vacation.
Quick Snacks for People on the Go
roasted organic chicken
kelp and seaweed snacks
organic jerky (like Nick’s Sticks)
raw nuts and seeds
homemade trail mix
Primal Kitchen bars
celery and baby carrots
grass-fed Greek or goat’s milk yogurt cups
turkey or bison meatballs
Five Easy Travel Meals
- One packet of wild tuna, half of an avocado and plantain chips
- Canned organic chicken, a handful of raw macadamia nuts and kale chips
- Equip Foods protein powder in water and coconut butter on a banana
- Turkey or beef jerky, an apple with almond butter, cucumber slices and Seasnax
- Coconut-flour tortillas with turkey and avocado