- This event has passed.
HER Career Reboot for Women
HERdacity.org will host HER Career Reboot for Women, ATX on Wed. Feb. 7 at the Austin Women’s Club, for women who share the experience of interrupting their careers to care for family members.
Women are the primary caregivers in the US, often opting to drop out of the workforce to care for children, aging parents, and ailing relatives. According to a study conducted by the Center for Talent Innovation, (2010) of the 90% of women who wanted to resume their careers after taking time off to have children, 70% found a way to return to their careers but only 40% found full-time, mainstream work.
For women seeking to return to work, finding a good reliable job in a previous field, or beginning a new career in a different industry can be daunting. Targeted, supportive training is difficult to find. HERdacity’s event strives to fill this gap for women who want to return to work. This 4-hour career transition event serves women by providing:
- Advice from a panel of experts speaking on LinkedIn/networking, executive coaching, resume advice and what to wear.
- Encouragement and confidence-boosting support.
- Networking opportunities and training for personal and professional growth.
- Tools for creating a new professional profile, including tips on verbal and written bios for in-person and virtual introductions.
- A sit-down lunch and free LinkedIn headshot by a professional photographer for all attendees.
- Complimentary access to all membership privileges on the HERdacity.org website. (webinars, access to member profiles, promotional opportunities for personal brands and women-owned businesses, discounts on future live events, etc.)
- Free off-street parking at the venue.
The cost to attend is $35 before Feb. 4. $50 the day of the event.